Last week I wrote about the scheduled appearance in Santa Rosa by alleged serial starlet-drugger and creepy toe-sucker Bill Cosby. The story wondered why on earth the show must go on in Santa Rosa, when it’s been cancelled at various venues, and in light of the fact that there’s like 31 women who claim he’s a creep. I wondered why Wells Fargo would continue with naming-rights for the center, given what we believed was a colossal case of poor judgement on the center’s part.
Well, as of today, the show is “indefinitely postponed.
This just in from the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts, a press release in our inbox this morning, from us to you. Indefinitely postponed is a nice way of saying the thing’s been canceled. Good riddance.
“SANTA ROSA, CA (February 20, 2015) – Promoter John Low announced today that the Bill Cosby performance, scheduled for Saturday, June 6, 2015 at Wells Fargo Center for the Arts, has been indefinitely postponed. The postponement is by mutual agreement between Mr. Low and Mr. Cosby.
“We regret any inconvenience created for patrons who have already purchased tickets,” said Kyle Clausen, Director of Marketing and Patron Services for Wells Fargo Center for the Arts.
Ticket holders will automatically be issued a refund for their ticket purchases. Patrons who purchased tickets with a credit card will receive a refund to that card within five to seven business days. Patrons who purchased tickets by cash or check will be mailed a refund check within 14 business days. Questions about this refund process can be directed to the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts ticket office at 707.546.3600, which is open daily from 12 noon – 6 p.m.”
….This must have been what Clausen meant when he said there was a “resolution” in the works as I was reporting this story.