Everyone reads and writes Top 10 lists around this time of year, but how often does one get a peek into what their local region is reading?
That’s what Copperfield’s Books does annually by compiling its top-selling books of the year. This year’s list from the company’s local stores is refreshingly free of vampires, tawdry S&M and hunger games; indeed, it’s the most literary-minded list in years.
And the top-selling books are:
1. ‘Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Near-Death Experience and Journey into the Afterlife’ by Eben Alexander (pictured above)
2. ‘The Ocean at the End of the Lane’ by Neil Gaiman
3. ‘Wild’ by Cheryl Strayed
4. ‘And the Mountains Echoed’ by Khaled Hosseini
5. ‘Beautiful Ruins’ by Jess Walter
6. ‘Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls’ by David Sedaris
7. ‘Where’d You Go Bernadette’ by Maria Semple
8. ‘Flight Behavior’ by Barbara Kingsolver
9. ‘Inferno’ by Dan Brown
10. ‘Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation’ by Michael Pollan