Sponsored content by Sonoma County Fair
All your fair favorites are back this year and bigger than ever! Horse Racing, Giant Carnival, Animals, Brew Fest, Great Free Shows, Flower Show, Kids Arena and more!
Want to get the most out of your day at the Fair? Plan early and save! Early bird tickets are available until Aug. 3 at SonomaCountyFair.com or mark your calendars for these dates:
- Thursdays, kids ages 12 and under get into the Fair for FREE!
- Fridays, seniors Age 60+ $1 admission (Aug. 5, Aug. 12)
- Aug. 5 DRESS LIKE A PIRATE, pirates get in for $5
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, FOOD DRIVE! Bring three items from Food Bank’s ‘Most Wanted List’ for $1 Admission
Here’s our dream day at the Fair:
1. Walk through the Hall of Flowers and explore this year’s Islands of Adventure. At work behind the scenes for the past four months, Sonoma County’s professional landscapers, landscape designers, amateur gardeners, and young floral enthusiasts are busy creating a flower lover’s dream come true! This year, each garden will highlight a tropical island. From Isla Nublar to Bali Hai, visitors can expect water features and even a tiki bar where they can put their toes in the sand. Can’t wait to see the floral exhibit? Attend the Hall of Flowers preview party on Wednesday, Aug. 3, at 5:30 p.m. Get tickets here: http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/fair/tickets.php
2. Visit the livestock area! Want to see cows, chickens or other animals? The Sonoma County Fair livestock shows are the annual showcase of the best of the best, with exhibitors from throughout the state as well as hundreds of animals from the dairies and ranches for which Sonoma County is famous. Sonoma County’s young ranchers and farmers work all year long to select, purchase, feed, and groom livestock to be judged, graded and sold at the Fair. Projects include steers, goats, lambs, hogs, poultry, and rabbits. Before visiting, check this schedule here: http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/fair/livestock-exhibitors.php
3. When you’re ready for lunch, try one of the Fair’s delicious options. What’s on the menu at the Fair? You’ll find a delightful variety of snacks, hearty meals and unbelievable goodies at this year’s Sonoma County Fair! Look for the return of Pronto Pup, the Dawghouse, Boss Burger, Wicked Slush, Reggae Rasta, Funnel Cake and Ricardo’s Hawaiian Feast to name a few as well as some all-new vendors. Want to try something new? As a special treat on Fridays (Aug. 5 and 12), all Fair food vendors will be whipping up special $5 items for hungry fairgoers from noon to 5 p.m. This is a chance to try some new things for only $5! For a full list of Fair foods, visit http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/fair/fair-food.php
4. After lunch, catch a horse race! This year, racing returns to the Sonoma County Fairgrounds for the first time since 2019! The eight-day Wine Country Racing Meet at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa kicks off Thursday, Aug. 4, and runs through Sunday, Aug. 14, 2022. Live racing will be conducted on a Thursday-through-Sunday basis. Fans who attend the Santa Rosa races are given free entrance to the lower racing grandstand and paddock area. Upstairs seating options are available for purchase online here:
http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/fair/tickets.php or at the grandstand ticket booth upon arrival.
5. For those with an adventurous spirit, don’t miss the most popular rides plus some new ones! Grab a Carnival Pre-Sale COMBO pass Good any day of the Fair, which includes Fair admission and a wristband to ride all day at the spectacular carnival. Only available through Aug. 3 ($53 Value—Pre-Sale Price $43). Kids Carnival opens at noon and Main Carnival Opens at 3 p.m. Get your Carnival combo tickets here: http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/fair/carnival.php
6. In the evening, attend a community concert free with Fair admission tickets. See incredible music acts like Journey’s former lead singer, Steve Auguri, or Debby Holiday, an International singer/songwriter with 15 Billboard Top 20 Dance Chart Hits, presenting a compelling tribute to the “Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll,” Tina Turner, and more! Find the full music lineup here: